Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Out with the old in with the New Year!

2014 has proven to be the greatest year of my life. I can only say positive things have happened to me this year.  I cherish my friends, coworkers, family and fiance so much and I have been so blessed to spend the time that I have had with them this year. It's been hard living away from my parents and most of my best friends for two years and now it's going to get even harder. But, I am ready for the adventure... We have some big news to announce but first, let's recap how awesome this year has been.


April: 
-We celebrated Jace (Scott's nephew)'s 1st birthday

May:
 - Scott and I got engaged and spent the best weekend in Gulf Shores with my best friend and her boyfriend. They even got to be apart of our engagement! Not to mention we spent 4 days on the beach jamming at a music fest
- I spent Memorial Day weekend with best friends celebrating a birthday and tradition in New Orleans
- We bought our first home!

June:
- Bonnaroo. nuff said. + Potentially our last for a while.

July:
Miami for a Bachelorette weekend!

August: 
- Our family celebrated my Grandmother's 90th birthday at Lake Guntersville
- The first of my high school girlfriends got married!
- My very first best friend had her first baby!

September:
- We added Voly (our puppy) to our family

October- December:
- Spent with family and friends celebrating holidays traveling to North Carolina and Georgia and even had friends visit us here in Tennessee. My brother and sister-in- law were here to celebrate Christmas early which is difficult for them both being in the Army!

I have been so lucky to be able to take all those trips and in between them were numerous other weddings and showers. It has been such a jam packed year. I have the most amazing job and friends here that have been there to support us along the way through everything and it's going to be so hard to say goodbye to them. But, Scott was given an incredible opportunity this Christmas that we just can't pass up..
So, in January, We will be moving to Salt Lake City, Utah. 

I don't know what we've done to deserve this opportunity but I suppose Scott's hard work is paying off. (He is also lucky to have such an amazing boss ;) )
It is going to be so hard to leave our home that we have made here but I've started to believe that ole motto that "everything happens for a reason." We will be heading out there soon to make our new mark on the map and settle down for a while. Thank you to all who have made this such an amazing year and 2015- I am ready to see what you have in store for us. 






No comments:

Post a Comment